The Town Council, as trustee has overall responsibility for all facilities on the playing fields, however, Caldicot Town AFC use the fields for football matches.
The club was formed in 1953 and occupies the club house,
located just outside the playing fields boundary. The club has a number of teams, including men’s,
ladies and juniors.
In the mid-late 1980’s the Town Council gave permission for
a fence to be erected around one of the fields, which was to be used as the
main pitch, this contributed to the club obtaining Welsh Football League
Status. In subsequent years, the Town
Council has allowed erection of floodlights, hard standings and spectator
The fields are well used by the club members,
teams and the public. Caldicot Town
Council promotes Caldicot Town AFC through support for the club and publication
of fixtures. Further information on Caldicot Town AFC Website